There are several means of transportation when you go to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine.
This post will explain how to go to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine by bus.
I need to tell you this fact first.
The author of this article is familiar with Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine, but I’m not good at English. I’m writing this article using the Internet translation service.
If you have something you don’t understand, please ask my twitter. It may take time to reply to you, but I’ll reply to you by examining English.
How to get to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine by bus
You can also go to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine by bus.
However, I don’t recommend that means. Because buses are only operated twice per hour. Besides, you have a choice of train to go to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine.
Nevertheless, if you go by bus, you can ride the “South No.5 line” of Kyoto city bus.
There are 28 bus stops in total in “South 5 lines”.
- Kyotoeki-mae: Bus station of “C4” at Kyoto station
- Tofukuji-michi: Bus stop close to Tofukuji(famous for its beautiful autumnal leaves)
- Inaritaisha-mae: Bus stop close to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine
- Nishi-ohtesuji: Bus stop close to sake brewery of Fushimi
- Chushojima: Bus stop near Teradaya famous for Sakamoto Ryoma
Route from bus stop to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine
The nearest bus stop of Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine is located on the west side of Keihan electric railway “Fushimi Inari station”. It’s “South No.5” line of Kyoto city bus.
This is the road with the bus stop “Inaritaishamae” of the “South No.5” line of the Kyoto city bus.
After you get off the bus, please walk in the route of Keihan electric railway station.
In the middle of this picture is the railway railroad crossing.
After you cross the railroad crossing, you’ll go up the slope. The way to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine is a gradual slope.
When you cross the bridge and cross the second railroad crossing, you’ll see the torii of Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine.
The road ahead from this torii is called “ura-sando”. Many restaurants and souvenir shops are lined up on this road. Surely you’ll want to go there. But, you should not go straight and turn to the right.
After you turn to the right, please walk this road about 100m.
Then you will see a big torii above the torii you saw on the left side of you.
Summary of this article
This post will explained how to go to Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine by bus.
- “Inaritaisha-mae” of the Kyoto city bus “Southern No.5 line” is the nearest bus stop
- Train is more convenient than bus
- The bus stop is located on the west side of Keihan electric railway “Fushimi Inari station”
My Twitter account is “@goriluckey“.